Saturday, March 3, 2007

Spring Training vs. March Madness

Today, while channel surfing between several great college bball games, I stumbled across the Red Sox and Phillies playing in Florida. At first, I tried to force myself to watch, saying to myself "It's your two favorite teams playing against each other in your favorite sport!" But after a couple minutes, I realized how unammusing and slow the game was (just today) compared to the thrillers just a few stations away. Not that I don't like baseball (to the contrary, I love it), but I feel like it's just being thrust upon us at a bad time...conference tournaments are about to get into full swing, so why waste a perfectly good channel on a Saturday afternoon? I just can only hope that by the time April 2nd gets here I'm itching to turn to NESN.

*One note: I've never been, but according to my sources, actually BEING at City of Palms Park is very, very different than watching it on TV 1000 miles away!

No comments: