Saturday, March 3, 2007

Over-Analyzers


Does anyone else but me hate over analyzers? Like those stupid guys on Sports Center (yes, I'm talking to you, Chris Berman, Ed Werder, and any guy on College GameNight...I would include Barry Melrose, but nobody knows enough about the NHL to actually comprehend what he's talking about.) who think they know everything and make predictions about every game and consider every stupid stat, like road wins when playing at a retractable-roof stadium at an altitude of 92.5 feet or more while on a 3 game win streak when the opponents kicker is a lefty. WHO CARES? And, more importantly, does this statistic tell us anything? Will the situation ever be applicable again? If it is, I'll eat my hat! Check out this page:

Ahh never mind I can't find it, but pretty much its a page about the Colts-Patriots AFC Championship game, analyzing EVERY POSSIBLE SITUATION, like while on a win streak of 4 or more, or while playing in a temperature controlled zone vs. non-division but same conference opponents. And those are even the most obscure. There's literally about 200 game situtaions. I'm very, very, very sorry for the person who was forced to waste away a week of thier life looking up those usless statistics. I hope your soul was not completely crushed.

No comments: